• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anybody tried stacking images for night timelapse?

#1 Gerax
Hi all,

I’d like to try stacking several astro shots with softwares like Starry Landscape Stacker or even Photoshop so that I can lower noise and get a cleaner image before feeding the images to LRT for 5he usual workflow. It doesn’t look difficult for a single shot, but what about timelapse?
Anybody tried? How many shots per frame? What settings (interval, shutter time, ISO, )?
Then what workflow to follow in post?
Thanx
#2 Gunther
The problem is, that if you'd do that, the timelapse would be too fast. Normally 20seconds interval / 18 secs exposure with a 20mm Lens would deliver a timelapse in good speed. If you now would do 3x 18 secs exposure, you'd aready have an interval of 60 secs, which would make the TL run too fast.
If you want my advice: go for a fast lens like the 20mm Sigma Art f/1.4 and forget about stacking. With any current sensor and that lens you will get perfect Astro Landscapes with a reasonable interval and without any additional hassle.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gerax
I’m looking into the Irix Blackstone 15mm/F2.4, as unfortunately Sigma doesn’t make the art line for Pentax mount except for a few models, like the 35mm I believe.
Even though not as fast as 1.4 it could probably still do the job. I have an Sigma 50mm 1.4 I could do some tests with, although I believe it’s not as wide to get the best part of the Milky Way.

...also check out: