• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone catch the new Lightroom announcement from Adobe?

#1 Joe_Belanger
Anyone catch the new Adobe programs? https://www.dpreview.com/…/adobe-launches-all-new-cloud-bas… This will be a real problem when they dump the classic version of Lightroom and go full Lightroom cloud. That means when you want to do a 1200 image 40meg raw time lapse you will have to upload those to the cloud to be able to work. It will no longer work from your desktop.  Oh yea, they charge a boat load for storage on top of the sub plan for you to be able to edit those 1200 images. It's a deal killer. And I think LRT might have a tough time integrating into a cloud platform.

Any thoughts?

Joe
#2 robjphillips
Wow!!!~ I feel like I just got kicked out of a moving car, after reading that article. I just can't believe they are removing editing from the Classic.
#3 PinyonRidge
What are you talking about? They aren't removing editing from Classic.
#4 Gunther
Classic Version should work as always with LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 FFFoto
Dear Gunther,
hope you're still enjoying your "business trip"... ;-)
If possible anyhow, please try not to forget the LR6 users. I'm one of those and won't be appreciated to be forced by changing to an Adobe subscription model. LR6 seems to be dead now and "CC classic" seems to suffer the same fate, as a result of too many users accepting with pleasure to be grabbed by the balls by those subscription models and wonder now getting squeezed ... sorry for that, but thats the thing for me. All the small updates could have also been packed in purchaseable versions, but that's over now. Could be the next suggestion for another open letter... ;-)
Wish you have a really great time!!
Frank
#6 Gunther
LRTimelapse will always support Lightroom from Version 4 on up to the new "CC Classic" model.
I don't expect Adobe to change anything about the "Classic" Variant.

Lightroom "Classic" works exactly as Lightroom 6/CC and of course with LRTimelapse too. I think it's understandable, that Adobe extends their approach to the consumer market, while they still have the "Classic" Lightroom for the Amateurs and Pros. Only the naming might cause some confusions and probably wasn't the smartest move. IMHO Adobe would be more than stupid to hand over the amateur and pro customers to the competitors.

The monthly subscription in my opinion is not a bad thing, you get LR and Photoshop for a decent price and always have the latest version with all updates, I've always found the Photography CC model to be attractive.

In any case - Adobes latest moves are not changing anything on how LRTimelapse works together with Lightroom (now known as Classic) and of course not for any older Lightroom versions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 Ribbon
Hey Joe ,regarding your thought about the storage problems - they increased the cloud storage with the latest updates. At least for all full suite subscribers. Now you've got 100GB, which should be enough. Apart from that, there still is the classic version, so everything works the way it was. Just open the right program.

...also check out: