• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone use Digislider already any comments?

#1 D_Ng
Hello everybody,

I am thinking to move one step further on Timelapse with slider. My main concern is weight and overall length for travelling. 4ft Rhino is too long for me. Digislider start with 75cm which I think can still put in suitcase.

I would appreciate if you can give me some advices. I may also go further to Emotimo eventually and notice that Rhino and Digislider do offer bundle offer.

Is there any discount code available?

Thanks in advance.

Danny
#2 TokTok
Hi, first of all: you do not need that much of travel distance with your dolly to get that awesome effect of 3D.
You also usually do not have scenes that are longer than 3-5 sec. Due to you have to move you dolly round about half of meter, get 300 shots and you have allready ca. 10 sec of film. Enough for postprocessing.
Then you change your Position and look for something different to capture.

Expect you wanna get these long time timelapse with sunrise. In this case i would go for fixed position and add some movement in postprocess.

But as you said you need that for travel. Go for lightwight, stability and short dimensions.
[size=large]Trailslider[/size]
#3 D_Ng
Hello Tok Tok,

Thanks for your reply. As I am new to slider, would you think
- 2ft Rhino is good enough?
- I also find today another option with Dynamic Precision Stage One which come with 2 sets of 20" slider joint together, but more expensive

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Danny
#4 TokTok
If you want to move manuel then take a slider based on rolling bearings. -> Rhino
If you want to have motorized then go with plain bearing. some Igus based stuff.

For travel use you want something durable. No carbon stuff. No stacking rails. Look at simple construktion, this will help you in the field.
[size=large]Trailslider[/size]
#5 D_Ng
Thanks Tok Tok

...also check out: