• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aperture and Refine Problem

#1 muslapse
Hi,
LRT always works very well. Thanks a lot for that. Recently I met 2 problems. They are both in the picture.

1. I shot with HG method for many times (changing shutter at 1/3 step). This time it's a little different.
At last two adjustments, the shutter-time is very short, so I decided to change the aperture.
The result of HG workflow in LRT is quite bad, which is quite abnormal. LRT did quite well always, even one of my Av-mode sunset sequence.

2. I did refine in LRT 4.4 before, but it's like 2 months ago. Now I did the same workflow in LRT 4.5.1. It just didn't work.
I have deflickered it, saved, and Visual Previews again.
When I used shift to select part of frames and adjusted the Smoothing value in Visual Deflicker, the whole sequence changes (green line) instead of selected frames.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi, I assume the aperture values and the real diameter of aperture differ a bit - the holy grail wizard uses a mathematical approach relying on the exif data, this might sometimes be off because of differences in exif data and the reality. but this is where the visual deflicker comes in. It does use a visual approach on top of the mathematical one.

The green curve changes, that's right, but refining of the deflicker will only happen on the selected part.
But; since 4.5 refine will work a bit more sophisticated - so it might not be necessary to select certain areas, because refine will only touch images that are not deflickered ideally yet - so the more often you use refine, the less images will be affected. Just try it!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: