• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aperture ramping

#1 niccoc1603
Hi,

I am aware of the Aperture ramping option in qDslrDashboard. However, I mostly use manual lenses for my timelapse, so obviously I can not take advantage of automatic f-stop control.

BUT, I can manually change the Aperture in the lens, so why not implement a function that does all the ramping job and displays the calculatwd f-stopson the LRtimelapse overlay info box so I can adjust them manually?
#2 Gunther
You should be able to manually adjust the aperture any time while shooting, qDDB will then react and postpone the other adjustments.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 niccoc1603
Yes, this is what I do, but I was wondering if qDslrDashboard could actually tell you when it's time to change aperture
#4 Gunther
No, I don't think this would make much sense, because then the process would stop and if you forget to adjust, the sequence would be ruined. I'd rather keep it as it it, this way you are very flexible when to adjust apertuer. Just make sure to turn off "Use Aperture Ramping" in the settings when working with a manual lens. Then feel free to adjust the aperture whenever you want.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: