• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First holy grail attempt with DSLRdashboard

#1 nscherneck
Canon Rebel t5i
Neewer EZa-C1 external intervalometer
TP-LINK MR3040 with OpenWRT firmware

qDSLRdashboard v0.2.5 running on my iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

Hey all,

I attempted my first holy grail tonight and had equipment issues. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the problems I encountered. I got everything set up and was moving along fine...connected, shooting, and DDB was making shutter speed changes when the battery in the camera died. Strange, as it was fully charged and has lasted 3+ hours shooting timelapses in the past (not too concerned with this). The bigger issue was once I replaced the battery and started again I had to power down the TP-LINK and camera several times before the USB connection would re-establish. Once it did re-establish the camera would ignore the triggering of the external intervalometer. My assumption is that the camera had gone into some "I'm connected to a computer" mode and thus stopped shooting. Anyone know what's going on there?

Some takeaways from attempt #1
- setup was a lot faster than I'd expected.
- using the DSLRdashboard app on my phone is not ideal as the app appears to drop the connection to the camera when I go out of the app to check messages, etc. I may move to a Nexus / OTG cable.

...also check out: