• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aspect ratios with LR slideshow templates

#1 brennan
I've been using the LR timelapse Lightroom slideshow video export templates for a while now, but I've just run into a problem. Since all of my previous projects have used the 16:9 aspect ratio, this is the first time I've run into this problem.

When I export the video it automatically crops my files to 16:9, regardless of the fact that I've set a 2.35:1 aspect ratio crop on my files in the develop module. I can't seem to find any way to change this to where my videos come out at 2.35 as desired. The project I'm working on strongly calls for this wide cinematic format. I see that in the slideshow module I could uncheck "zoom to fill" and just export the video larger than needed, then set the crop in my 2.35:1 sequence in premiere, but this is much less than ideal. I'd really like for the video clips themselves to come out at 2.35.

Does anyone know how I can make that happen and still use templates to export to video from Lightroom? Or is this just another one of those things where Adobe decided Lightroom must only export slideshows at 16:9?

I'm in Lightroom 4, btw.

Thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
Adobe Lightroom unfortunately only allows to export Video in 16:9.
However the next LRTimelapse version will take the rendering of the videos out of Lightroom and into LRTimelapse so we will have a lot more options and better quality of rendering. Stay tuned for that - until then you the solution is to take the whole edited sequence into After Effects and render from there.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 brennan
(2013-06-08, 10:12)gwegner Wrote: Adobe Lightroom unfortunately only allows to export Video in 16:9.
However the next LRTimelapse version will take the rendering of the videos out of Lightroom and into LRTimelapse so we will have a lot more options and better quality of rendering. Stay tuned for that - until then you the solution is to take the whole edited sequence into After Effects and render from there.

Thanks for the info, Gunther. Can't wait to see that version of LRTimelapse!

...also check out: