• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assistance with wiring

#11 scott
As abejarutas pointed out, that is a different shield than what Gunther suggested. I have this shield also. So if anyone can confirm it works, please advise.
#12 Gunther
Normally you should be able to get those similar keypads going. Sometimes you have to change the values for the keys. There is a thread in the german forum where some users explain what has to be done. You might use Google Translator.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-alt...ad-shields
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Wink
#13 bodywise
This is such a wonderful project Gunther.  Programming the Arduino was perfect according to your instructions.   

The pin P12 is confusing.  Seems best to solder from the front not backside.   And counting to pin 8 is really pin 7 according to your diagram.   Then the black wire is soldered to the next pin 7.    Just want to be certain.      The holes next to the pins is also a bit confusing if not fully connected.  What is the purpose of the holes?
#14 Gunther
You can use those holes to solder your wires to, just make sure to connect with the contact behind.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#15 bodywise
[attachment=1835 Wrote:gwegner pid='32894' dateline='1493314082'][attachment=1835][attachment=1835]You can use those holes to solder your wires to, just make sure to connect with the contact behind.

Mobile via Tapatalk.

OK.  I finished the project.  When I insert the micro tip it takes one picture.  Then stops.  The software routine works perfectly.  It just does not trigger any shots.   Attached is the critical wiring which is different than a previously submitted shot but exactly as you described.  You can see the black wire is the last pin and the red wire is pin number 7 (not pin 8).   Why is this not triggering?   Many thanks Gunther
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#16 Gunther
Sorry, I cannot debug this from here, something seems to be wrong. Please double check everything up to the contacts on the trs connector. Use a multimeter to check, if you have one.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#17 bodywise
(2017-05-13, 15:43)gwegner Wrote: Sorry, I cannot debug this from here, something seems to be wrong. Please double check everything up to the contacts on the trs connector. Use a multimeter to check, if you have one.

Mobile via Tapatalk.

Gunther.  Thank you.  I think the connections are incorrect.  Everyone shows a different connection.   That needs to be clarified.  Do you think my connections are correct?   From the schematic I see the red should be P12 (INT22).  But the GND is not as you showed or as I connected.  The ground is actually the 4th pin from the extreme left (viewed from the top).
Attached Files

.pdf   ARDUINO_V2.pdf (Size: 243.71 KB / Downloads: 8)
#18 bodywise
(2017-05-13, 20:08)bodywise Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 15:43)gwegner Wrote: Sorry, I cannot debug this from here, something seems to be wrong. Please double check everything up to the contacts on the trs connector. Use a multimeter to check, if you have one.

Mobile via Tapatalk.

Gunther.  Thank you.  I think the connections are incorrect.  Everyone shows a different connection.   That needs to be clarified.  Do you think my connections are correct?   From the schematic I see the red should be P12 (INT22).  But the GND is not as you showed or as I connected.  The ground is actually the 4th pin from the extreme left (viewed from the top).

Add:  You are a pioneer for which we all appreciate your efforts.  If you could indulge us just once more.  Just simply tell us looking at the schematic diagram for the Arduino which pins or connections correspond to "ground" and "shutter release."  There are many confusing "pin" designations.   Just point to the basic schematic.  We can then make the corresponding physical connections on the SainSmart display.   I am a Radio Amateur, having built many transmitters.  I am used to looking at electronic schematics.  Thank you so much. 
#19 bodywise
Guenther,

If you will indulge me I still have questions about the wiring.  The current assembly works 90%.  But still with flaws.  What I would like to know is the exact connection to the Arduino and not to the SainSmart display.

I have included four diagrams showing my current wiring.  I purchased a brand-new SainSmart display.  Interestingly, it is not identical although similar enough.

On the bottom your current suggested connections seem to be connected to nothing.  They are not connected to any pins that would be connected to the Arduino board.

So I would like to know the exact connections to the Arduino board showing the ground and digital pin 12.  Then we can figure how to make the appropriate connections to the same SainSmart display interface.

There are red dots showing my notion of the GND and pinned 12.  This should be of general interest to everyone that follows.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: