• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Astro Timelapse Question - Editing select frames

#1 kimtibbetts
I am brand new to using LRTimelapse. I rendered my first video successfully yesterday and I have a couple of questions.

My video is a Milky Way rising sequence and there are about 10 frames that have a flash of bright lights on the foreground from cars driving by. I would like to edit those frames to take the light out. 

What is the best way to edit those frames? Do I manually make them key frames and edit using the LRTimelapse workflow? Or, do I edit one frame manually and then copy my settings to the other 9 frames in Lightroom?

Also, after I'm done with LRTimelapse (crop and edits have been applied), what is the best way for me go to back to one of the raw files of one of the images in the sequence and make new edits as a single image not to be used in the video? The idea is that I would fine tune it for my liking as a single image.

Thanks in advance!
#2 Gunther
From my experience you won't be able to recover those images. The flash will always be visible. I've already spent days trying to do such things in the past.
Bt if you want to try it on your own, I'd set a keyframe right before the flash happens, one on the flashed image and one after. Then you can edit the flashed image without having the rest of the frames affected.

For editing single raw files as images, I'd copy the raw file to another folder, rename it, so that Lightrooms duplicate check won't detect it and then edit from there.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kimtibbetts
Thanks Gunther

...also check out: