• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Astro timelapse question

#1 nitesky
Hello. I'm hoping there are others here that do astro timelapse.  I'm trying out LRTimelapse and really enjoy using the Radial filter in Lr and LRTimelapse to animate my settings for the milky way.  I'm not new to Lr and generally know how to get the results I want for astro images.

My issue is what I call "sizzle" type noise or flicker within the bright regions of the milkyway as it's animated across the sky. The timelapse was done at ISO 3200 on a Canon 6D using a 16mm lens.  I use the radial filter to brighten and enhance the milky way.  I can of course  reduce my "exposure" setting within the radial filter but as you might guess that drastically reduces the detail and colors of the milky way.  It may have been partly the conditions that night but wonder if anyone has found a workable solution to the "sizzle"?  BTW, yes I'm using noise reduction setting of "31" in Lr and even introduce some noise reduction within the radial filter but still sizzle. I also tried "deflicker" in LRT but it didn't have any effect on this issue.  Maybe I'm chasing something impossible.

Thanks
Paul
#2 seawildearth
Do you have anything for visual 'sizzle' reference. All I have in my minds eye are sausages in a pan...
"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"
#3 Gunther
This is mostly a sensor issue that gets emphasized when you edit too much in Lightroom. I'd suggest editing less, in my opinion most of the milkyway stuff we see on the web is overdone anyway... The Motion-Blur-Plus filter in LRTimelapse might help a bit too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 nitesky
gwegner - I was going to try the motion blur plus filter. I'm on the the render video screen of the LRT. Everything in the "post processing" section which has the Motion Blur options can not be selected. It seems that I should be able to select LOW, but nothing happens when I try to click it or the motion blur check box. Help!
#5 seawildearth
Might just be a gremlin in communication at the end of parsing from Lightroom. Maybe just close LRTimelapse down and reopen it then select the render file and command to render again? I just opened a render file and couldn't make it NOT be accessible in the Motion Blur options. I take it prior to rendering in Adobe Lightroom that you directed Lightroom to the correct folder on your computer for the source imagery?

Just thinking out loud here...
"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"
#6 nitesky
Seawildearth,
Thanks for responding. Yes, I directed lightroom to the correct folder on my pc. It wouldn't let me do the render until I did that.

Not sure what you mean though about opening the "render file". You mean the mp4 file that was previously rendered into a video?

Paul
#7 Gunther
No, just select the intermediary sequence there. Motion Blur Plus Low requires at least a private liense, medium and high the Pro license.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#8 nitesky
Can someone give me the exact sequence I need to follow to allow motion blur to be accessible to the trial, free version?

I've tried the following:
1) Exporting using LRT plugin. Gives me Render dialog screen but motion blur is grayed out even for "low" setting
2) Tried Render file from LRT on the mp4 file but get warning about should do this in Lr. If I say proceed anyway I get same render dialog box and motion blur not accessible.
#9 nitesky
Ok, now I understand. I have to have at least a private license to get even low to function. Thanks
#10 Tom Finnigan
Try to add less noise ISO.
I try not to push past 800 if I can avoid it.

...also check out: