• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Holy Grail Function Grayed out

#1 Danny_h
hello everyone! happy to be here as a novice timelapser.
im using canon 70d and HTC M8 android.
im able to control DslrDashboard with my smartphone via WIFI with no issues. i can change setting, take/view photos and everything working fine.
the problem is in the LRTimelapse section on the app. for some reason the Holy Grail Function is Grayed out and i can't select it. i also notice when the interval timer is working and the cam taking photos the frame count on the main menu not changing and stay on 1/3. the "Display next JPG" button is clickable but do nothing.
yesterday for reason i can't explain the Auto Holy Grail Function suddenly worked. but today when i tried the Function was Grayed out as always.
can someone know what can be the problem?
thanks in advance and sorry for my broken english Smile
#2 steinardo
Hi and welcome! I believe you need to start with "Capture sample" as this serves as the first reference frame for initiating the auto holy grail function.
#3 Gunther
Yes, you need a preview first, in order to be able to be able to activate the Auto function.
So just start shooting, then press "Display next JPG". When you have a preview, then you can activate the Auto Holy Grail.
Make sure that the camera is set to RAW+JPG
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Danny_h
TY guys for the fast response!
im pushing the Capture sample option and i can hear the cam take a photo but the Auto Holy Grail Function is still Grayed out and i can't see no preview of the photos im taking(only in LRTimelapse section. in DslrDashboard main menu i can see with no problems)
the 70D is on RAW+the smallest JPG option.
#5 Gunther
So the preview is not being transferred for some reason, that's why the auto holy grail is not active (it wouldn't make sense without preview).
I don't know, why the preview does not get transferred, please ask for support regarding this on the qDslrDashboard forum at http://dslrdashboard.info - maybe Zoltan can help!
#6 Danny_h
tnx Gunther!
i Uninstalled the app and install it again and now the Holy Grail Function is working perfectly!
btw - when i changing the EV in the menu down nothing happen, it stay at 0. do you know what the reason?
#7 Gunther
Why would you want to change "EV", this won't have any effect, since your camera will be in M-Mode when shooting time lapse.
#8 Olivier
You're right, timelapse+ and regular LRtimelapse deflicker is working very good

...also check out: