• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Keyframing not doing what I want it to do

#1 Joachim Buambeki
Hi,

I have a little problem with Auto-Keyframing:

This the sequence before Auto-Keyframing, the red graph is hand drawn by me and shows what I want the Auto-Keyframing to do:

And this is what LRT makes out of it:

It doesn't really matter what kind of curve I use, the graph always looks more or less the same.
Is this expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong?

David

PS: Yes, the exposure is screwed up on this shot. ;-)
Vimeo <<->> flickr
#2 Gunther
Hi David, as far as I can see it from the screenshots you didn't sett any keyframes to the changed exposure values (fig. 1). For every manually set exposure "keyframe" you have to define it as keyframe. In LRT you can do it checking the "diamond" symbol on the leftmost column of the table. In Lightroom just set a 1-star rating.

If you then press Auto in LRTimelapse (make sure the keyframed "peaks" appear with the little diamonds in the preview) it will smoothly connect the keyframes.

Let me know if it worked for you!

All the best
gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joachim Buambeki
Thanks for your quick reply Gunther.

I must have become a bit rusty, I didn't use LRT for months because of other work.
Wasn't there a feature in the past that did detect keyframe automatically?

If not, would you consider implementing it?

My idea would like that:
All the images that have the same values are the ones that are getting adjusted (they can have either just be initialised or have the same values as the first keyframe)
The ones that have deviate from them are automatically recognised as keyframes.
Another possibility would be use the ratings as keyframe indicator (for example: use all *** images as keyframes) that is how I mark my keyframes in Bridge.
Manual keyframing should of course still be possible if the auto detection doesn't work.

David
Vimeo <<->> flickr
#4 Gunther
(2012-05-25, 10:50)Joachim Buambeki Wrote: Another possibility would be use the ratings as keyframe indicator (for example: use all *** images as keyframes) that is how I mark my keyframes in Bridge.
This is how it actually works. Mark keyframes as "1-star" and they will travel between LRT und LR/Bridge.

Auto detecting might be a feature in one of the future releases, thanks for suggesting it.

All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: