• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Auto Transition erases all graduated filter data

#1 stubbo66
I'm a new user, just bought LRTimelapse yesterday and been trying very hard to get my first project to render but I just can't seem to get the Auto Transition function to work on the graduated filter values, they all end up being erased.

I have a 4400 frame timelapse of a car journey so there are lots of key frames as the light changes a lot and to manage this I set the baseline exposure for the frames on the image itself then used the graduated filters to adjust the foreground and sky exposure values depending on which way the car was travelling at the time.

However, as soon as I get to the Auto Transition function it eliminates all of the graduated filter values and replaces them with very long (about 30 character) hexadecimal numbers (the same on every frame), even the key frames.

The images were all shot with a GoPro 3 Black upside down and were flipped in Lightroom before cropping and applying the filters, though as I understand it that shouldn't make any difference.

LRTimelapse is version 2.3.1 and I'm running on Windows 8 against lightroom 4.4

I have two sequences that I'm working on and both do exactly the same thing so either I'm doing something wrong, or it could be a bug (probably me, but can't work it out).
#2 Gunther
Hi, please try following the workflow with initializing the images in LRT first, then you have to use the graduated filters LRTimelapse creates on initialization, only those will get animated.
Hope that helps!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 stubbo66
(2013-06-17, 17:23)gwegner Wrote: Hi, please try following the workflow with initializing the images in LRT first, then you have to use the graduated filters LRTimelapse creates on initialization, only those will get animated.
Hope that helps!

I had followed the workflow over a dozen times, reinitialising. Every image and starting again several times. On some occasions the filters disappeared from the images altogether.

Eventually I shut everything down, restarted, reloaded and finally it worked. I guess it just got confused somewhere along the way but at least I know what to do to recover if I see it happen again.
#4 Gunther
It's really crucial that you use the two graduated filters that LRTimelapse creates. You see them appearing as dots, when you hit "M" in Lightroom. Then just click on one of the dots to edit the filter. You can resize it, rotate it what ever, as long as you don't create new ones.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 stubbo66
(2013-06-17, 21:46)gwegner Wrote: It's really crucial that you use the two graduated filters that LRTimelapse creates. You see them appearing as dots, when you hit "M" in Lightroom. Then just click on one of the dots to edit the filter. You can resize it, rotate it what ever, as long as you don't create new ones.
Best
Gunther

Yes I was using those two filters. I'd had them working on two other time lapse sequences I'd tried previously. Just thought I should report the behaviour as it looked like a bug of some kind.
transition
fangioli
2015-11-06, 11:24
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: