• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B12:Unsupported or Damaged dng file

#1 CavGez
Mac M1 LRT, Beta 12. OS Big Sur 11.6.3
I don't know if this is specific to LRT6 or just my workflow.

1. Load DNG's into LRT
2. Edit keyframes as usual in LR
3. Review footage in LRT, decide to add in 2 new Key frames
4. Edit in LR
5. Upon reloading in LRT, frames show as FLAT, not DNG. Capture time not displayed.
6. Try a few things to reimport/reinitialise metadata (I need to fully understand this/have some learning to do here)
7. Now Key frame 1, which was unchanged is not readable in LR. Message 'The file seems to be unsupported or damaged appears'. Actually it is all the keyframes. LR can read metadata from all files except key frames

Questions:
a) not sure what the issue is
b) is there a way to reimport while preserving my LR edits
c) is there a way to just restart completely.
d) what is a flat file?
Thanks for your time.
Gerald

I would like to copy-paste the image properties here but can't seem to do that from LRT using cmd-c cmd-v
#2 Gunther
DNG is only a container. It can either contain a RAW file or a JPG/TIFF file (those are marked as "Flat") in LRTimelapse.
Raw File DNG can have "real" White Balance adjustments, Flat files only relative WB, as JPGs/Tiffs.
Of course, you get the best results if you capture your timelapse with a camera that produces real raw files.

I don't know what exactly is going on in your case - from which camera are those DNG files?
Could you try to do "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse and remove the sequence from lightroom. Then start the Workflow over.

Send me the log (info / show log) if the problems persist.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CavGez
The RAWs are CR3's from an EOS R. The DNGs created using latest version of Adobe DNG generator.

In this instance, I just reverted from scratch and it worked. I did not regenerate keyframes this time.

I still have a corrupted file if you want to investigate, but for me I am going to assume it was a one time error
#4 Gunther
You should always use the original Raws if possible, and don't convert them to Dng. The workflow will be more reliable and much faster.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: