• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Basic flow: keyframes auto-transition and rendering don't work with Adobe Bridge,

Sad
#1 petitpaul
I use the Adobe Bridge workflow, not the Lightroom track:
In the basic workflow, when creating Keyframes with the new LRT (5.5.8. build 698), LRT marks ALL frames as keyframes i/o the selected number of KF in LRT. As a workaround, I selected keyframes by hand and adjusted them in Camera RAW, to see if that works. However, when in LRT after reloading I select auto-transition, no in-between images are created ; I exported them also to jpgs and indeed no in-betweens are made). Also, in this case, deflickering doesn't work anymore.
When I create a sequence without selecting keyframes, deflicker does still work.
Worse: rendering a video with exported .jpeg files is not possible anymore, either. Adobe Bridge exports to .jpeg, not to .jpg.
Question: is there a way I can get version 5.5.6. back? That one worked fine for me. 5.5.8 is unusable with Bridge,
#2 Gunther
Sorry, that sounds really confusing. Nothing changed in that respect between 5.5.6 and 5.5.8.
Let's try to sort that out.
Reload the sequence into LRTimelapse, do "Metadata Initilialize", use the keyframes wizard and set the amount of keyframes you want. That should work. Hit Save. No go on with the workflow.

Two things to consider:
1.) Why are you using Basic Workflow? It's not recommended. There is no real reason not to use the Visual Workflow. if you have a JPG sequence, convert it to DNG in lightroom first and then use the Visual Workflow. It's explained here: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/
2.) Why are you using Bridge/ACR and not Lightroom? With CC you should also have a Lightroom Classic license. Using Lightroom has huge advantages because you will have the Sync Script and the Export Plugin.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 petitpaul
Gunther,
It is clearly explained and it happened (i would have liked to attaches screenshots to the post but couldn't find an 'attach'-feature. However, you can close this post. I updated Adobe Bridge to the latest version early this morning and all seems to work fine again now.
BTY i use the Basic Workflow because 2 years ago you recommended me that one, sending me a link to the instruction which I still use. I will check out the Visual workflow, even though your link in incorrect (page not found). As for Adobe Bridge: that's what I work with, in combination with Photoshop/Camera Raw, not Lightroom. I chose your software because it was promoted to be able to work with both. No time to familiarize myself with Lightroom now. Maybe I will, one day.

Regards,
Jonathan
#4 Gunther
Sorry for the bad link, I've corrected it now.
ACR has been changed in the latest upgrades in a way that is very close to Lightroom Classic. It's no big deal, both programs basically work very similar, though Lightroom is better suited for timelapse and has the advantages I've outlined above.
If you work with Raw files (which you didn't say) the visual workflow would be the way to go with.
There are step by step instructions on: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/visual-workflow/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: