• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batch AutoTransition+Visual Deflicker

#1 lightatwork
Hi Gunther,

If I am not mistaken, currently there are two batch processing options in the right-click menu for the second part of the workflow.

1. Generate Visual Previews
2. Multi-pass deflicker...

The second options practically queues the generation of visual previews first, and then does multi-pass deflicker.

When I have to Deflicker a lot of sequences, I still have to select each folder seperately and click "Auto Transition" for each sequence. After that I manually save the metadata. Once I have done this for each folder seperately, I can do batch Multi-pass deflicker.

It would be so so cool (and timesaving) when there was a third batch option:

3. Auto Transition + Multi-pass deflicker

This would automate and queue the following actions for each folder where this is clicked:
1. Do auto-transition
2. Save metadata
3. Perform the batch Multi-pass deflicker as it currently works in the current batch menu.

I hope this is relatively easy since it is just sequencing certain actions that already exist in the software...

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
I understand the request. Unfortunately technically it's not really easy, because the transition works on the table data which obviously cannot be used by batch processes. This feature would require quite a rewrite of substancial parts of the code that's why I didn't implement it yet.
But thanks for bringing this up, I'll keep it in mind and will think about how it might be done once again, maybe for the next major release...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Chris Davis
Gunther,

I would really appreciate the ability to batch process Auto Transitions, too. I will be doing thousands of folders and having to load each one before I can Auto Transition is a cumbersome and time consuming task. I have done about 50-75 sequences with the batch processing technique in the past few days and it's great (huge time savings doing it with batch), but it would be a major time saver to be able to batch process *everything* after the Lightroom edits (one click for Auto Transitions, Visual Previews, and Visual DeFlicker). Then, if all went well, there would only be the need for one final look at each sequence and possible final adjustments before going back to LR to export.

For smaller sequences of a few hundred frames, it's not so bad, but when there are several 1,000+ frame sequences and you already have 5-10 queued up, then it can really slow everything down just trying to get the next sequence loaded to do the Auto Transition and Visual Previews. I don't know if it's possible, but maybe a stand-alone Batch Processing pop up screen that allowed us to highlight/click each sequence that we want to add to the batch process que, and then a "Start Processing" button to keep the system resources free until everything is selected. It would only take a minute or two to select everything to put in the que, and then we could leave the computer while it works instead of having to be here to keep clicking sequences.

I don't pretend to have any idea of the complexity in LRT's coding (I am amazed at what you have created), so I have zero ideas to offer on how to implement it, and I am also not putting down how it is now - it's amazing. Just some food for thought for the next major update.

Seriously, thank you for writing this software and being so dedicated to it!
#4 Gunther
Thanks for elaborating your demands. I understand the use case and I will keep it in mind. Unfortunately, as I wrote above, the current architecture of the Software doesn't allow to implement this easily. But I will look into it once again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: