• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Batch processing for LRTExport

#1 Ryann1902
Hi Gunther,

first of all I want to say thank you for that really great tool! It is amazing how well and fast it works.

I've been trying this with some timelapses now and what I recognized is that while running the LTRExport my CPU idles at about 20%. After some investigation in the internet I found that it could be speed it by running two or more parallel exports instead of one big export.
Maybe it is possible to add a function to the Export-Tool to choose how many parallel export you want to run. This would save us a lot of time.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Ralph
#2 Gunther
Hi Ralph - you have to distinguish between the LRTExport Lightroom Plugin and the final video rendering in LRTimelapse.
The Lightroom Export will indeed not really stress your cpu - so you can just launch 3 or 4 of that exports at the same time, that's what I do.
In LRTimelapse then the final rendering will happen one after the other in a queue - but this step will use your cpus to full extent, so no need to do this in parallel.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Ryann1902
Hi Gunther,

thanks for your response.

If you have more than one timelapse to do, your way will work quite well. But if you are waiting for just one export via the LRTExport Lightroom Plugin to finish, this could be speed up by doing a parallel export. Just my opinion Wink

Thanks a lot and have a happy new year Smile
Ralph
#4 Gunther
You mean to split up a sequence in Lightroom and trigger 2 parallel exports? I already thought about this but unfortunately this is not possible in Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Ryann1902
Yes, thats exactly what I mean.

I think its not possible in an automatic way, but the user himself could do it.

Let's say we have 1000 pictures for our timelapse. For the first export I will select the first 500 images and start the export via the LRTExport Plugin. For the second export I will select the last 500 pictures, but now there should be the possibilty in the Plugin to tell Lightroom at which number it should start naming the images.
Just the same way as I can do with the built-in export function of Lightroom, where I can define the start number.
#6 svolcko
I would really like to see this feature implemented.

In my testing the speed of export was more than TWICE as fast when splitting one image sequence into three equal parts.

I took a very short image sequence for testing (138 total images).

First I exported all 138 images in one job at full resolution/16-bit tif.
Total time: 40 minutes 30 seconds

Then I exported 3 separate groups of 46 (138/3 = 46) with the same settings (full resolution/16-bit tif

So Lightroom was simultaneously exporting 3 separate batches of 46 images.

Total time: 17 minutes 32 seconds

That's roughly 2.3 times faster!

This only works if exporting normally through LR, but not when using the LRT plugin.

It would be absolutely amazing if you could somehow program the export plugin to split the selected set of images into a user-defined number of jobs.

For example you could choose whether you want to split it into anywhere from 2-6 jobs (depending on how fast your CPU is)
#7 frag-mich-doch.net
I fixed it for my Workflow with a self-made-workaround Picture-Export-Template.
The Export runs with same resolution and naming-sheme (like the LRTimelapse Export Plugin) in one folder and after that i start the rendering in LRTimelapse.

...also check out: