• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best Frame rate?

#1 Gerax
I currently put together the final timelapses at 24fps, but even though I shoot at 1 sec shutter speed minimum, I still seem to spot some jittering in the final result, especially when I use the slider.

What FPS do you guys usually compile your timelapses at?

L.
#2 Gunther
I also find 24fps is too slow. But of course it's a matter of taste. I mostly use 29.97 fps for all my work.
It's crucial, that all of your material has the same framerate and that you also create the project in a video editor with that same frame rate to avoid jitter.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 AndyMc
Does it depend on where it's shot, or video to be shown? I read somewhere that 25 fps is better in Europe as our electrical frequency is 50hz. America would 30fps due to the frequency being 60hz. This would be to avoid flickering lights in a scene.
Is this nonsense? My intention has been to enable blending in with video which would be PAL in the uk.
#4 Gunther
If you want to combine with pal, you'd need to go 50 fps.
I'd suspect what you described could have also other sources then the fps rate.
But impossible to say without seeing the sequence.
#5 c_joerg
The problem with 25/50 Hz is that many graphics cards only 30 / 60Hz can. Since then these videos do not really run smoothly.
#6 Gunther
No. Most computer monitors run with higher fps today, so playback in the different framerates is no problem at all with a good video playing program. I recommend MPC player on windows and VLC player on mac.
#7 Gerax
I'll try a few experiments in the video editor I use to put together the final video (I currently edit in FCPX but I'm trying to move to Premier Pro to maintain everything in the Adobe suite. Obviously moving to a higher FPS in the video compiling will result in a faster video, but if the outcome is smoother well, it's good, and I will eventually adjust the interval between shots during the sequence.

...also check out: