• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 HoKle
I recently doing a lot of time lapses from down to up. Skyscrapers and towers or whatever. What is disturbing the time lapse are birds who passing by, because they are mostly only there for one picture. So currently I scroll thru every single picture and use the healing brush in PhotoShop to remove them. With a time lapse of more than 500 pictures, quiet a big job. Action recording in PS of course doesn't work, because the appear not always on the same position. Would be nice to have a function in LRT what can automate this. I have no idea how this can work, its just a wish, don't get me wrong. A hint how to do it in a different way is of course most welcome
#2 Gunther
There is one tip that will solve this problem forever, is applicable in nearly all situations and will additionally improve the quality of your timelapses: use an ND filter. During daytime a 1000x ND is perfect. It will allow you to shoot with exposure times 1000 times longer as normally. That means, you can easily shoot with 2-3 Secs exposure which will not only give a nice motion blur effect but also get rid of any birds or insects flying by.
Usually it's recomended to use this technique always for aesthetic reasons anyway, the birds are only a side aspect.
I think this will save you a lot of time in the future and bring your timelapses to the next level.

BTW: These are basics, that I explain in my E-Book - see https://lrtimelapse.com/ebook/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 HoKle
Yes using ND filter, not so extreme though, never thought of going that far. I always try ro be around 0.6 to 1 sec. But yea you are right. With 2-3 sec the bird will disappear on the pic
spot removal
brancin
2017-10-24, 17:30
Last Post: brancin

...also check out: