• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Black Forest bundle vs others....

#11 latsap
(2019-07-18, 21:24)Jarops Wrote: Actually, I did contacted BMF, and both guys are so helpful!!! WOW. I have not got any reply from DP yet. I will be in USA next week, so I will give them a phone call.
BMF also advised: I can use BFM provided motor, as long as I get so called Quick Mount adapter for the DP sled..... plug and play after this!!!! What service from BFM, very happy!
Hi Jarops.

I just found this thread. I move to the BFM controllers last year when they kickstarted it. It's awesome.

I have a spare DP sled and some rail sections of various length. (We needed 40 feet for a project) I don't need it all so could sell some if your interested.

Good luck. Both systems are great!

Andrew

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Architectural Photographer
Vancouver CAN / Melbourne AUS
#12 marklapwood
Hi fellow Lapsers,

I’m just seeing this thread now and it answers many of my questions also.

Just out of interest, have any of you guys / gals using the BFM system had wireless / wifi connectivity issues? Just curious as that’s my only caution about purchasing a phone app based controller. Wifi can be so clunky at times.

By the way Andrew,

Do you still have spare lengths of DP slider rails you’re keen to sell? If so I’m definitely interested. You can email me on dop(at)marklapwood (dot)com

That would be great, Thanks!

Mark
#13 Gunther
Usually the connection works really reliable. There is no WiFi involved, it's only Bluetooth and also only while programming, afterwards the controller runs independently. I have no issues with the system.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#14 fotopaul
Hi! Just found this thread! I'm interested in gettingt be BFM controller and a slider. The DP website is a bit cryptic to me..? can't really find how to get a slider only with motor ready to run ?

But I'm leaning towards buying the BFM bundle with slider and add a lens motor.

Apart from the DP being modular, is there any benefits of the BFM slider in comparison ?

I already own two Cognisys stackshot 3x controllers, their slider, rail, and 4 rotary tables. Which i use for stop motion and some focus stacking etc.

I'll buy som adapter cables so I can use them with the Pine R to begin with.

What intrigues me with the Pine R is the 4 axis controller without a computer and unlimited keyframes.

Will mainly be using it for time lapse and video.

...also check out: