• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Correct path for exporting

#1 Greshoff
I am very new to LRT and am trying it out at the moment so have a very basic question: Can you please clarify what the "correct" path settings should be when exporting. I exported to my desktop which produced a MPG sequence but did not give me access to the render dialogue to set my output settings

thank you
#2 Gunther
Hi Greshoff,
I'm a bit confused how you got an MPG sequence (LRTimelapse does not create .MPG files)...

It's up to you what general export path you set in the LRTExport dialog. Best set it to a second drive with some space, since it will hold the intermediary JPG sequences and the final films. After the export from Lightroom via the LRTExport plugin (from Library Export) the LRTimelapse render dialog should pop up.

Please watch my basic tutorial in the tutorials section to see how it works.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Greshoff
Thanks, you're right it saved it as an MP4 file, my mistake. So if I understand correctly, you can specify any export path and it doesn't matter where it is. If the render dialogue doesn't pop up, can you activate it manually (I am using LR3)

Thanks again.
Robert
#4 Gunther
Yes, exactly. You can even keep the intermediary sequences, if you disable "Delete temporary sequence after rendering" in the LRT Render dialog and then use that intmediary sequences again and again to render with different settings, if needed.
#5 Greshoff
Great, thanks again. I'll be giving LRT another go tomorrow and if it goes well - no reason why it shouldn't! I'll buy it tomorrow too. I've watched your tutorial which was very helpful. Can I check, can I and a title in LRT or should I just import the LRT generated sequence in Final Cut and if so what are the best output/renderings to use.

Thanks again

Robert
#6 Gunther
Adding titles, music, combining clips etc. will all be done in a video editor (for example fcp) - LRTimelapse will deliver the single sequences ready for production.

...also check out: