• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blue Hour Exposure Spike

#1 jaybee
[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Getting a weird exposure spike, all the values look okay. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]As you can see in the Vimeo link below when I flick back to the Keyframe Wizard – the captured exposures are smooth / natural for the frames in question, i.e, at this point in the shoot there was no speed ramping. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The software seems to be glitching out during these frames and boosting the exposure, but I cannot understand why. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've tried manually keyframing just before / after the Visual Lum spike to try and patch the issue by equalising the exposure values, but this failed to work... the spike persisted.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Any ideas?[/font]

https://vimeo.com/261110010/5c94e49858
#2 Gunther
Hard to say what's causing this, could be some kind of Aperture flicker or the Aperture getting stuck - especially with f/11 this is not too uncommon. Normally using Visual Deflicker with one or more refine steps should be able to fix this easily. Make sure to set the smoothing in a way that the bump gets smoothed out.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jaybee
Thanks for the fast reply Gunther.

Looking at the raws, it does seem to be an aperture issue. Unfortunately for me, the spike is too strong for Visual Deflicker.
#4 Gunther
The sequence gets quite dark at the end but sill, I cannot imagine, that Visual deflicker cannot fix it, since it will incrementally deflicker if you use refine until the pink curve is equal to the green one. Make sure to apply a couple of refine steps.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: