• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Both dng and jpg versions of each file

#1 marsu
I am just starting with lrtimelapse so this must be a very basic usage issue I am not understanding. When I select the folder where my images are, I see both the dng and the jpg version of each image. What am I missing?

The images were imported in lightroom with "Copy as DNG".

Thanks.
#2 Gunther
Wy did you "copy as DNG"? This duplicated your images.
LRTimelapse will always work on the original files. So you point LRT to your folder with only jpgs (if that's your original files). When bringing this sequence into lightroom you'll have to make sure to select "add" in the importer - otherwise you'll create duplicates.
Just delete those dngs.
I suggest that you strictly follow my workflow instructions at the beginning to learn how it works. http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 marsu
My workflow has always been to "Copy as DNG" when importing to LR. This does not duplicate the images, it simply converts each raw file to DNG and also copies the jpg verstion.

I guess I'll need to change my workflow if I want to start using LRT efficiently.

Thanks.
#4 Gunther
I see. In LRT4 normally jpgs next to raw files are ignored and not displayed. Obviously this is currently not working for DNG files. Will fix it in the next version.

But nevertheless - why keep the jpgs, it just doesn't make sense. The LRTimelapse importer has an option to delete the jpgs when importing. Remember that each RAW File or DNG has this JPG embedded anyway, so if you shoot RAW+JPG you have the jpg twice.

Just use the LRTimelapse importer next time or delete the jpgs manually.
#5 marsu
Thanks Gunther. I will do that next time.

I deleted the jpg versions, so I now only have the dng. When I select the folder with all the dng files, nothing comes up in the list. What am I doing wrong?
#6 Gunther
Right click on that folder and go to "show on explorer/finder". Then check if you really have dng files in there. If it still doesn't work, please send me the log file after trying to load the folder (info menu/log)
Which file
rodrigo
2017-12-29, 21:30
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: