• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brightness Values - Sony

#1 Slightlystippled
My Sony rx10 does not accurately record shutter time in bulb mode. For example values under one second are recorded in exif as 1/10, those above are recorded hole seconds only. So a timelapse sequence will typically have recorded shutter speeds like ....1/10,1,1,2,2,3.... Etc. This makes it very difficult to use Lrtimelapse. A solution may be to use the Apex brightness value which is accurately recorded as a measured value. Would it be possible to add the option of selecting shutter speed or brightness value?
#2 Gunther
There is an option in the LRTimelapse expert settings, where you can activate an "optical keyframe detection". Of course, this will not allow accurate holy grail leveling with the holy grail wizard, but at least you could do the leveling manually then in Lightroom.
Currently I would like to avoid implementing camera specific workarounds, the rx10 is not that wide spread in the time lapse community, I fear...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Slightlystippled
Thanks for the info. What change in values triggers the Optical keyframe detection? Using the bulb mode of exposure with an external trigger (trigger trap) produces a smooth curve with no exposure "jumps".
#4 Gunther
If you have a smooth curve, don't use the holy grail approach at all. Make sure that no orange keyframes have been created and just use the deflicker workflow.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Slightlystippled
Many thanks for your help.

...also check out: