• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Building a Crane

#1 rodrigo
Hi All,

I just finished a timelapse about erecting a tall crane to assist in the building of a Tower Block, the crane people must be made of hard stuff , it was shot over 2 days, the time lapse has a duration of 6',32" long.
The first day it was raining and windy the second day it was sunny and blue skies but very windy; on both day you can see the crane erectors climbing the vertical frames and on the second day, walking along the arm of the crane, I take my hat to them.
I got some unwelcome guests whilst shooting the timelapse, I got photo bomb by Canada geese on both days, they are to the entertaining.
I hope you enjoy it, at the beginning of December they are planing to erect a second crane which will be 10 ft taller than this one.

Building a Crane

Any comments, are most welcome,

Kind regards,

Rodrigo
#2 Dale Davis
Hi Rodrigo: Just viewed this and several questions arose in my mind. How did you stay out there for 6 1/2 hours? How many times did you change the battery? Why couldn't you just chase away the geese? Rather than building cranes you were building geese.

Great work.
#3 rodrigo
Hi Dale,

The site is a Good Inwards depot, the manager is a friend and he let me set the camera on a tripod by the side of the canal, unfortunately there was a mound of food which the geese were tucking into, they were not  there at first when I set up early in the morning; left the camera with a rain cover for the rest of the day, as the weather was appaling. Went back around 13:00 hrs to check I found that the wind had blown the tightening cord across the lens. clear that and changed the battery, left it till next day around 07:30 when I changed the 128 mb card and a new set of batteries which I changed later on around noon. till 16:00, when I collected the camera.

About the geese, have you ever tried to deal with one of them, they are vicious, and it was a family of about 30 individuals. I probably would have ended up the top of the crane with the mechanics. LOLOLOL.

regards,

Rodrigo
second crane
rodrigo
2018-01-26, 00:23
Last Post: rodrigo
New Building
rodrigo
2017-10-10, 15:37
Last Post: rodrigo

...also check out: