• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bulb Ramping and Motion Control with Sony Cameras

#1 sketch2099
Is there a system that currently exists, and is dependable ,for doing bulb ramping holy grail timelapses with the Sony a7 series camera on a motion controlled rig like the Emotimo TB3?

I know RamperPro added support for the Sony cameras, but last time i looked it was still in beta, and i couldn't confirm that it would also work with a TB3.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts in this area?
#2 CedricMelbourne
I've been wondering the same myself but can't find any information. My a7rii has a built in app that "automatically" does ramping but not sure if this will work and control sliders etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#3 crdeantonio
I've been following this Kickstarter campaign by Elijah Parker for his new advanced intervalometer and auto bulb ramping device called the Timelapse VIEW:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eli...-r/updates

He is very transparent with the progress (shipping pre-orders now) and clear on Sony compatibility.  For Sony, it sounds like the main features work, but some others do not.  

I've also asked Emotimo if they are going to consider integrating with this product and they have reached out to Elijah to potentially get that going.
#4 jung_m
I am using a Sony a6000 over wireless connected to the dslrdashboard (Nexus 7, 2012). Dslrdashboard just changes EV and exposure time. I am using a MDK controller and do not know the TB3. Camera shooting is triggered by the MDK controller. That works well. Without motion equipment one can also trigger the camera shots by the dslrdashboard.
#5 lkunl
You can use Timelapse app in-camera to do auto ramping by set auto iso, min and max shutter speed.
It can control slider that put in to slave mode by connect hot shoe flash sync adapter to ext triger port of your TB3, NMX.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: