• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera for Time Lapse only

#1 Shindig
Looking for recommendations for a time lapse only camera that takes advantage of all the technology available for time lapses. A somewhat future proof camera for unforeseen technology or current technology such as dslrdashboard, ramper pro3 or VIEW as examples. It seems that most of this technology caters to Nikon and Canon. I have used Canon and currently use Micro 4/3s cameras. Using Micro 4/3s cameras seems to limit me on some of the cutting edge technology. So which camera would you purchase now or are currently using that seems to meet all your expectations? Budget is not a factor if the camera performs. Thanks!!
#2 crdeantonio
As someone who moved over from Canon to Sony (A7R II), my only regret is the loss of full compatibility with 3rd party timelapse tools like qDSLR Dashboard and bulb ramping devices.  I'm finding it's a real challenge with Sony.  So I would agree on sticking with Nikon or Canon.  My vote would be for getting a Canon 5D Mark III.  I think they've come down in price since the Mark IV came out.  I'm sure other current Nikon or Canon shooters have opinions, too, but I would definitely think twice about Sony.
#3 Shindig
Thank you for the quick response! I will heed your advice on the Sony's as I'm in that boat with micro 4/3s. It's been awhile since I followed the Canon cameras and I know little about the Nikon's.

...also check out: