• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Rhysb
When my device is connected, it appears to be working ok from my first test, but i am unable to access any of the camera menus etc whilst it is connected. I was wondering if this is standard, or if i might have an issue somewhere along the lines.

Thanks

Rhys
#2 Yarbro
(2017-02-27, 17:11)Rhysb Wrote: When my device is connected, it appears to be working ok from my first test, but i am unable to access any of the camera menus etc whilst it is connected. I was wondering if this is standard, or if i might have an issue somewhere along the lines.

Thanks

Rhys

Rhys, It might be helpful to know your camera brand and model so any other users with similar cameras could offer some advice. Also, have you tried just a cable release to see if your camera exhibits the same behavior? It could be that having the focus and release electrically tied together inhibits the camera from normal menu operation. As I understand it, the reason for them tied together is to reduce the response time, since focus is set to manual anyway.

Dennis
#3 Gunther
Yes, we need to know some more details about camera type and brand, and the connection type that you are using.
Most cameras block when being connected via USB. Try to avoid that. Just use a normal analog trs release cable if possible.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Rhysb
Hi Its a canon 5dm3, and using the analog trs release cable. When using a standard cable release i do not get the same issue .
#5 Gunther
Then most likely something is wrong with your pro-timer. It will never block the camera between shots if you've build it right. Check the connections.

#6 Yarbro
(2017-02-28, 11:16)Rhysb Wrote: Hi Its a canon 5dm3, and using the analog trs release cable. When using a standard cable release i do not get the same issue    .

If your cable release allows you to do a "half press" only without tripping the shutter, try doing a half press with your standard cable release and, while holding that half press, try accessing the menus.
#7 Gunther
With Canon you can also try connecting only the tip with the shutter release signal and leave the af signal unconnected. This should trigger the camera too. Maybe that makes troubleshooting easier.

#8 Rhysb
(2017-02-28, 11:42)gwegner Wrote: With Canon you can also try connecting only the tip with the shutter release signal and leave the af signal unconnected. This should trigger the camera too. Maybe that makes troubleshooting easier.

Thanks, tried this and it seems to work fine, not to fussed about having auto focus any way. just need to wait on finishing the 3d printing now of the case to finish the project

...also check out: