• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camera not responding to intervalometer after a period of time.

#1 TLPS
[size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]Hi, when shooting either a ramp or level time lapse sequence with my Nikon D610 and D600 cameras after a period of time usually about 30 minutes (though this time varies) my camera starts not to fire when the signal is sent from the intervalometer - only firing for every second shot. This only happens when shooting at intervals of less than 10 seconds but I always leave plenty of interval time. For example when shooting a level sequence with a 1 second exposure (everything set to manual including focus)  with an 6 second interval after roughly 30 minutes the camera starts missing a shot and only firing every 12 seconds. [/font][/size]

[size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]I have tried different intervalometers (including the Pixel TC-252 with the LR Timelapse hack) but the problem remains. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this would be much appreciated?[/font][/size]
#2 Gunther
Does the buffer fill up? (you can see the remaining shots in the shoulder display of the camera). Did you try another SD Card?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 TLPS
The buffer does not appear to fill up (there are lots of remaining shots on display). I have tried different, faster SD cards up to ScanDisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s. This problem only occurs when using a shorter intervals as mentioned above - for example when shooting long 10 hour holy grail shoots ramping to 20 second exposures with a 28 second interval there is no issue.
#4 Gunther
That's strange. Normally the interval should not matter. It's the dark-time (Interval minus longest exposure) that makes the difference. Normally a dark time of 2 secs is sufficient. Especially if you use the intervalometer with the hacked cable.
You should try to narrow down the reason.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 TLPS
Ok, thank you for the reply Gwegner, I will try to narrow this down.
#6 Siegbert Werner
Ist die Rauschentfernung in der Kamera eingeschaltet? Diese benötigt Zeit und verhindert evtl. Neuaufnahmen - Besser ausschalten!

...also check out: