• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't access MR3040 via net to update firmware

#11 saw0
Quote:It says "Connection failed/Try Again"

Apple...

Quote:My nephew is just on his way around to my house with his Windows Laptop, but if that fails I'll try your suggestions later.

Great, be sure to check my Video Tutorial. It's made on a WIN7 PC, so you should follow along without any hassle.
#12 Pete1957
Update:

Using my nephew's Windows Laptop I was successful in updating the firmware.

Unfortunately I can't yet connect to my camera with DSLR Dashboard but I think it's because I'm using Android 4.4 and I need to download some additional software (I've seen information about this elsewhere on the forum).

Thanks for the help folks!

Pete.
#13 saw0
Great news Smile

Quote:I can't yet connect to my camera with DSLR Dashboard but I think it's because I'm using Android 4.4

Install the following OpenCV Manager, but i don't know if this affects the connection procedure. Did it tell you some error msg?

https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/...akechanges

If configured properly, you should be able to connect to the Router via Dashboard / WRT Server.
#14 DaveHi50
I have made another attempt at reconfiguring my system to use DSLR Dashboard, and not having much success.
I have a Canon 6D (and 7D)
Nexus 7 4.3
I had DSLRD somewhat functional but very buggy, and wanted to try to upgrade to the latest version to improve its reliability.
I uninstalled DSLRD and open CV manager- I had downloaded and installed DSLRD on my android. It starts, I’m not sure yet if it works….
I downloaded the TP3040 upgrade V2
Next I tried to connect the TP 3040 via an Ethernet cable using the instructions on SawO’s video as well as referencing TP-Links documentation. The router switch is set to AP ( but I have tried all 3 positions)
I have tried to configure the network on a Mac as well as Windows and I’m unable to access the TP Link router to upgrade.
I have configured thus:
(TCP/IPv4)
Properties:
IP address: 192.168.0.55
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
The router is identified… when the gateway address is typed( http://192.168.0.1/) into the browser the operation times out.
I have tried numerous combinations 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.2 and nothing allows me access to the TP Link page.
Is this a router issue? Do I need to order a new router?
I have tried to reset the router,as well as restart the router.
Also,
When I’m finally able to upgrade the router, do I also need to upgrade the software on my Nexus to 4.4?
#15 hubaiz
By default the OpenWrt IP is 192.168.1.1. If you changed it you should know to what value did you change.
When accessing the router be sure that your PC or MAC is only connected with the MR3040 (best use a network cable).
For MAC I don't know but on PC go to 'Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center'.
Then press 'Change adapter settings' on left.
Then find your network adapter there, something like 'Local area connection'.
Right click on it and select 'Properties'.
In dialog select 'Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' and press the 'Properties' button.
In the dialog select 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server address automatically'.
Press the 'Ok' button to confirm.
Press the 'Ok' button again to close the dialog.
Now connect the MR3040 with your PC (network cable) and if not turned on then turn it on.
Wait a bit that windows get the IP address with DHCP.
Now right click again your network interface 'Local are connection' and select 'Status'.
In dialog press the 'Details' button.
In the upcoming dialog the 'IPv4 default gateway' should be the MR3040 address.
In my case it is '192.168.1.1'.

Now to access the MR3040 OpenWrt web interface I open a web browser and enter
http://192.168.1.1
#16 DaveHi50
Thank you so much for your help!!
I followed your instructions and was able to connect the TP Link and upgrade the router. I have tried the DSLR app with my Canon 6D and it seems to work correctly . The real test will be when I try a time-lapse…. hopefully this weekend.
I really appreciate your efforts. This is an amazing piece of work you have developed. I will post how the time-lapse goes.

Thanks again,
Dave
#17 DaveHi50
just tried a short time lapse using the new software. Everything worked GREAT!
Thank you so much for a great app.
#18 jaguarjj
hi i was able to download the dslr dashboard firmware to my MR3040 V.2 but on my lg nexus 4 after connecting it to the wifi network of the MR3040 then pressing the button "connect to wrt/linux" and put the router's ip 192.168.1.1 it acts like i did nothing and doesn't respond at all
i tried downloading the sysupgrade firmware but that didn't work either
any solutions plz
#19 aronwarner11
The firmware error you are facing is really unfortunate. The error is nowadays common for all. But still, I can say you can solve it out. The easiest way of solving this is you have to restart your system properly.

...also check out: