• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

can't play visual preview until all frames rendered

#1 chasg
Hi Gunther,

With the latest build (LRTimelapse 4.6 (2016-03-17) Build: 111), I've lost the ability to play the visual previews until they are all rendered. 

I really like being able to play the previews early on, so I can get an early idea of how my edits are working. It's not common, but there have been times I've stopped the visual preview renders and gone back into Lightroom because I can see something hasn't worked.

At the moment, I'm using a PC running Windows 10 (I haven't checked to see if I get the same behaviour on my Mac, apologies).

Cheers!

Chas
#2 Gunther
This was an intended change. When playing back while the previews were still not completed it would have begun "flickering" at the end, where the previews were still not there that's why I removed it. It's in the announcement for the new version too. I'll move this to the feature requests and think about it once more.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 chasg
Hi Gunther,

I hear you on the reason for this change. For me, I use the previews two ways:

1) watching the first 30% or so to ensure that any edits I've done are looking good.
2) watching the whole preview before I render from LR (which is why you've given us the ability to preview, I'm sure).

Cheers!

Chas
#4 chasg
fabulous implementation in LRT5, thanks!!
#5 Gunther
Glad you like it! :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: