• Gunther Wegner

Key parameters
  • 36.000 RAW-Files
  • 50 hrs netto shooting time
  • nearly the same time for editing
  • not much sleep

Equipment
Edited with LRTimelapse.

Want to learn how to make time lapse movies like this one?

Pease check out http://lrtimelapse.com for all information
and my new Ebook!

German users, please visit:
Music (all under CC-BY-License)
Thank you very much to all artists for sharing your awesome music
under the CC-BY license, making this great soundtrack possible!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#2 motleypixel
Masterpiece! So all the Ken Burn's effects with LRTimelapse? If so the forward motion Ken Burn's clips are great...so you 16:9 crop large starting and then pan only slightly but over 3-4 key frames you just tighten the crop to simulate forward animation?

I'm just starting with the application...I will see how it goes, but it certainly looks to be a well written application using simple math to make all smooth Smile
Roy Niswanger
motleypixel.com
#3 Gunther
(2012-02-03, 23:19)motleypixel Wrote: Masterpiece! So all the Ken Burn's effects with LRTimelapse? If so the forward motion Ken Burn's clips are great...so you 16:9 crop large starting and then pan only slightly but over 3-4 key frames you just tighten the crop to simulate forward animation?
You can do the ken burns in LRTimelapse but I find it more convenient to make it afterwards in Video-Processing. So I usually grade everything in LRTimelapse and then export in 3K with the PRO-Templates. I make the Ken Burns afterwards in Premiere (most of the time). Sometimes I use LRTimeapse to make it.

Quote:I'm just starting with the application...I will see how it goes, but it certainly looks to be a well written application using simple math to make all smooth Smile
Yes, only that the math is not so simple at all ;-)

Have fun with LRT and best wishes
gunther
#4 motleypixel
(2012-02-05, 12:18)gwegner Wrote: I'm just starting with the application...I will see how it goes, but it certainly looks to be a well written application using simple math to make all smooth Smile

Yes, only that the math is not so simple at all ;-)

LOL, a German saying math is not so simple Smile You make it work and that's great!

Roy Niswanger
motleypixel.com
#5 Gunther
Interesting, what is your stereotype of germans and math? ;-)
#6 motleypixel
Okay so maybe not the normal "run of the mill" math here, mostly quadratic curves, given 3 points for each metadata record. It's more engineering than math that I attribute German Excellence. My roots are from the region, my real last name (miss-spelled when migrated to USA) is Neuenschwander (new clearing of land).

I gave your application a whirl this past weekend...it's going to most likely provide me huge benefit in time-lapse, it's just that I don't do many time-lapse photography sequences. I had some issues with not reading meta-data at first, then I followed your instructions for placing the exif tool .exe in the root and that helped. I'm shooting Canon CR2 and using Win 7 with LR3.

Thanks!
Roy Niswanger
motleypixel.com
#7 Ohansmit
Absolutely excellent Smile
#8 Michael Delman
That's a spectacular film, Gunther! Well done. The were many great moments, but I thought the last sequence of the Milky Way rotating was stunning. Great music, too, and I did not know about Jamendo. What a tremendous amount of work you must have put into this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks, too, for Version 2.0. I haven't downloaded or used it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

...also check out: