• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot Install 4.8.3

#1 Dale Davis
On my Windows 7 PC  64 bit I tried to install  ver. 4.8.3. I had been using 4.7.8 without a problem. During the install process I got the following error message;
Dear Gunther:

"The following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup. It is recommended that you allow Setup to automatically close the applications. After the installation have completed, setup will attempt to restart the application."

following this is the word "exiftool" in a box.

I have deleted all zip files, and deleted all issues of LR Timelapse. I have re-started the computer twice. After trying install, I tried to override the warning and hit "ignore" twice, and did get the LRT icon on my desktop, but it will not open.  So now I am no longer able to use LRTimelapse4 on my PC. Luckily, I still have the older version on my Mac Book Pro.

But I still would like to have it on my PC too. Need help. I do not know how to update Setup, or whatever they are requesting.

Dale Davis
Miami
#2 Gunther
Most likelky an instance of Exiftool is still running. Just restart your computer, then, before launching LRT again, install the latest version. This should get you going.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Dale Davis
Dear Gunther:

Still unable to restore or re-install LRTimelapse 4.8.3. I have re-started PC many times, but during install I am still getting error message exactly as above with the exiftool. Luckily, I still have LRTimelapse on my MacBook Pro. Need help beyond re-starting computer. Where do I find the exiftool to stop it from running?
#4 Gunther
It should not be running after a restart or after a clean shutdown of LRTimelapse.
But: Windows 10 might only go to hibernate, if you shut it down. Use the restart option instead.
And of course you can always check your task manager, where you will see exiftool running and can shut it down from there.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
fresh install
Jo More
2018-01-08, 10:32
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: