• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 200D problem

#1 physek
Hey guys,

i don't know if someone has the same problem, but i can't setup my camera to RAW+S. I'm limited to RAW+L, so the QdslrDashboard is not working properly, because the JPG is too large to transfer via WIFI. Don't you have any solutions ? I think i have to stick with manual ramping or find another way or device for ramping.

Thanks a lot.

Peter
#2 hubaiz
Sorry now I see the it is Canon 200D.
Can you try and change the capture image format on camera? Does that work?
#3 physek
Thanks for fast reply Hubaiz,

Thats the point, i can't change it in camera. In picture quality settings, there is just RAW + L.
#4 hubaiz
Does your camera support that quality settings? Not all Canon cameras have the RAW + S setting.
#5 physek
Thats what im talking about. 200D doesnt support RAW+S Sad

So im asking, what should i do. If there is any option or maybe another software or device?
#6 hubaiz
If it does not have that option then you can't do anything about it.
#7 physek
Thats why im asking, you someone dont know any other solution like another APP or devices like Timelapse+ but cheaper.

Thanks a lot!
#8 Gunther
Any solution will have the same problem: somehow you need to get the previews to analyze them, and bit images take a long time to transfer. You might try to use an USB connection, maybe that's faster than wifi.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 Gunther
Any solution will have the same problem: somehow you need to get the previews to analyze them, and bit images take a long time to transfer. You might try to use an USB connection, maybe that's faster than wifi.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#10 ultrazone
Hi there! My first post here!

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but I believe it could be of interest... It is true that this camera doesn't have the option to select RAW + small size jpg for previews (the only choice is RAW + biggest jpg size), but it is also true that with my equipment it is working pretty well by changing some default settings within ControlMyCamera 1.0.3. Here goes my equipment:

- Canon EOS 200D (latest firmware 1.0.3);
- LRT Pro Timer 2.5 (latest firmware 22);
- iPhone Xr (latest iOS version);
- Latest ControlMyCamera's TestFlight build.

I mainly shoot sunsets via Auto Holy Grail within ControlMyCamera, which works flawlessly. I've used 3-way ramping in a smooth way, everything within the ISO & aperture ranges and reaching a maximum exposure length of 4" (my equipment's dark time is below 1,8" and this allows me to set a maximum exposure time of 4" and an interval of 6").

Regarding the transmission of the big jpg previews, I use a 4G Huawei router to connect all the equipment via Wi-Fi, and then it was necessary for me to increase the pool size and the previews transmission's interval (all these settings are within ControlMyCamera). By changing these settings, the previews are sent less frequently, so the app has enough time to receive & analyze the preview from the camera in order to change the exposure parameters accordingly.

So here you go! My two cents on this camera and topic! Hope it helps!

Keep safe & cheers from Spain!
My time lapses at YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@joaquinagueramusic

...also check out: