• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cant get my holy grail very smooth

#1 Stef
Hi Gunther,

Little question.
I'm using LRTimelapse to deflicker my holy grail sequences.
At the moment I'm just following the normal workflow for the holy grail, but after I rendered out the final video there are still "bumps" visible of me changing the exposure. Now somebody said to me "Probably you didn't deflicker after the holy grail methode".

So I tried to follow the Holy Grail workflow, and then save and switch over to the deflicker workflow, I skip the first line (init. keyframe wizard and save) because it already done that in the Holy Grail methode.

Yesterday it worked on a holy grail sequence and it was very smooth, just how I want it. Now I'm editing some other holy grail shots but I can't get it smooth.

How do I need to deflicker after the holy grail?
Can you maybe tell me which step I need to follow after I hitted save in the Holy grail methode?
I really want my holy grail shots to be as smooth as possible, but I still see some bumps, not really flikker, but just the typical exposure changes, just can't get it smooth enough!

Thanks,
Stef
#2 Gunther
Normally you shouldn't combine deflicker with the holy grail method (only if you have aperture flicker). Deflicker will currently only deflicker inbetween the holy grail adjustments. If you want to smoothen the results, you would have to use the 2-pass aproach. Just load the LRT_* intermediary JPG sequence into LRTimelapse (ignore the warning) and make sure you only have 1 keyframes on the first frame (no HG keyframes). Then just activate deflicker on this JPG sequence, save metadata, go to lightroom, load metadata for this new sequence and render again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Stef
Thanks for the comment!
So, if I get it right :

- Edit my RAWs as Holy Grail
- Render them out
- Ignore the video render
- Open the folder with JPGs for LRT
- Work just the whole deflicker out
- Render out

Testing it out tonight, thanks a lot!
#4 Gunther
exactly.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Stef
Thanks, Gwegner! It worked :-) :-)

...also check out: