• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Capricorn: An Australian Outback Timelapse

#1 ajrwhite
Hello!

This is my first attempt at a timelapse movie, which I shot while in the Western Australian outback:

http://youtu.be/RnozFi1pILw

As with most first-timers, I would appreciate any feedback. I had a few issues during shooting and processing, some of which I think I know how to fix next time. The sunset shot was a real pain to process. I was using the holy grail technique, which was fine, except that I found it really hard to match exposures either side of exposure jumps. Or rather, I could match overall (total image) exposure, but usually the colour/white balance and the actual distribution of light and dark on the image was different and these I found hard to match up. Any tips on how to better set up or process shots like this would be much appreciated. I don't have Lightroom, so all of my raw processing was done in Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop.

Cheers!

Equipment:
Canon EOS 7D
Canon 17-85 f4-5.6 - this is way too slow for the night shots, but was the only one I had available. Because it's slow, I had to really push the ISO up and control the noise with noise reduction in post-production. Most of the time this is OK, but sometimes it really destroys the sharpness
Hahnel intervalometer
#2 sallyrishworth
Hi, I work with a  Western Australian production company called Joined Up Films who have been commissioned by ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) for a one hour documentary  for ABC and 10 x 8 min online films for the ABC i-view website.  The films have been shot in Broome in Western Australia  with astronomer Greg Quicke who presents the ultimate beginners guide to the Southern sky.  Shot from the beautiful Kimberley landscape Greg connects us to our planet, moon, solar system and galaxy.

The project is currently in the post production stage  and  we have found we are short of a few images.   We would love to include 14 seconds of your time-lapse ‘Capricorn:An Australian outback time-lapse’ that our editor has seen online.

Is this something you would consider allowing us to use? Would love to discuss further..

I look forward to your reply. You can contact me via reply or my email address sally@joinedup.com.au

Kind Regards
Sally

...also check out: