• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changed Number of Threads for Visual Preview and Now VP Doesn't Act Right

Photo
#1 Scott Herder
I did some digging in the FAQ but haven't been able to find an answer. If there is my apologies.

The issue I am having is I upgraded to 4.7.4 and saw in the expert settings that I could modify the number of Visual Preview threads being worked on and the recommended setting was 8. I had it at 4 so I changed it to 8 (I have changed it back to 4) and since then the dng convert has been working out of control. It looks like it's updating them super quickly but in reality it's going too quickly to even do anything.

GIF - http://www.giphy.com/gifs/l0Ex3pHMPNSzKjveU 

In the short gif of it you can see the dng converter running super quickly in the bottom right, but on the top left preview panel the previews are showing up as red. Which isn't giving me an accurate assessment for deflickering this HG sequence.

Things I have tried (in case this helps) 
-Deleting LRTimelapse using the shell command and reinstalling 4.7.4
- Changing the number of previews back to 4
- Rebooting the computer
-Uninstalling LRTimelapse using the shell command and downgrading to 4.7.1

It works fine on my other computer (but I never changed the expert settings on that machine.)

I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3

Thanks for your time and support. I have used this program for years and never had a single issue with it! Just absolutely phenomenal!
#2 Gunther
Hi,
that's indeed strange. Could you please upgrade the Adobe Dng converter on your system to the latest and then check the path to the Dng converter in the lrt expert settings too! Download link for Dng converter on http://LRTimelapse.com/install

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Scott Herder
Crazy, I checked before I re-installed the dng converter and I had the most up to date one, but somehow uninstalling it and installing a new batch made it go perfect again. Bizarre but I will take it. Back to processing some time-lapses. 

Thanks so much for your help, and this awesome product!

...also check out: