• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LR Timelapse reference level

#1 mmacnau
Hello - I'm wondering what a typical reference level might be when using LRTimelapse Holy Grail setting in DSLRDashboard.  I've found when doing sunset to stars transitions I end up with too hot of an image once I get to the stars.  I have decreased the reference level to minimize the amount of noise in the shots once I get to stars, but still seems too hot.

I'm using a Nikon D5100 cropped sensor camera with a Nikon 20mm f1.8 lens.  I start at about 1/2000 shutter speed and go to a maximum of about 10 seconds.  I've got ISO starting at 100 and eventually getting to about 2500. 

I realize its a cropped sensor camera so perhaps there's not much more I can do but I'm hoping I can get some guidance from others who have more experience than me.

Any comments would be appreciated.

thx!!

Mike M
#2 Gunther
There is no typical reference level, it's always different depending on the scene. But when shooting a full holy grail, you might have to adjust the level during the shooting a couple of times on a sunset I start with higher reference values during the day and then adjust 2 or 3 times to lower reference values in the night.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: