• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

changing exposure during panning

#1 xoda
Before I started using panning, I'd always stop the intervalometer and change the shutter speed myself for Holy Grail timelapses. Now, with a panning head (specifically, a Genie mini), I find than even a 5-7 sec gap can be very obvious during panning. How can I avoid this? Is this a way to change the exposure without stopping and then starting again?
#2 Gunther
Of course, I never stop my time lapse when changing exposure. You can do it inbetween the shots, either manually or even better with qDslrDashboard. If you use the "Auto Holy Grail" feature, there all the ramping will be done automatically, without touching the camera.
Check out my tutorial http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Hi Gunther,

This may sound like a stupid question , but is [size=small][font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]qDslrDashboard compatible to operate the Genie-mini?[/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]regards,[/font][/size]

[size=small][font='Open Sans', 'Myriad Pro', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Rodrigo[/font][/size]
#4 Gunther
One think has nothing to do with the other. The Motion Controlling device will only trigger the camera (don't use any usb connection, just the trigger) - and qDDB will listen for new images, display them and change he camera settings.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 rodrigo
Hi Gunther,

I just realized that qDDB is a camera controller using wifi, my camera is a Canon 5D MK III, therefore I would need and external wifi source to be able to control it.
The Genie-mini has the mechanical panning side software built into the unit itself and communicates with the camera only to release the shutter as it is panning along. All other settings has to be done on the camera manually, prior to start shooting the timelapse.
The Nikon camera has a built in wifi therefore it can be controlled via qDDB.

Regards,

Rodrigo

...also check out: