• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changing Timestamp

#1 paulwilliamz
I have a troublesome sequence where the capture times have shifted twice throughout a 2000+ frame timelapse - not sure yet where that error has been introduced. Once initialised in LRT it puts the sequence out of order. I've never seen this before and have processed 100s of TLs in LRT. I'm now on LRT4.1.
I decided to separate the sequence into 3 blocks - each block having a correctly running continuous timestamp.
I'm now trying to change the timestamp of each block so that, when recombined, they all run continuously.
I keep having to redo blocks again and again, as the timestamps are not changing to the one selected. I've tried both highlighting the first frame of the block, and also highlighting the whole block before going to Metadata, Shift Capture Timestamp.
Just finished the last block for the 5th time, and it keeps on adding the same incorrect Timestamp!

Any ideas/tips?[font=Arial][size=medium][/size][/font]
#2 Gunther
Please make sure that you are using LRTimelapse 4.1, if you want to use the "Shift Timestamps" feature in LRT. There was a time out on large sequences with older versions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 paulwilliamz
Thanks for the reply Gunther. FYI, I am definitely using v4.1. I managed to find a work around. The third 'block' just would not change its timestamp to the one I selected, no matter how many times I tried? I eventually managed to get it to be 'later' than the second block, so the timelapse worked. There was an interval of 2400+ seconds between the blocks 2 & 3, but it did,'t matter! Loving 4.1 by the way!!
#4 Gunther
Maybe one of the files was corrupt and the ExifTool failed to shift the time stamp then. Normally the log file would give you intel about this (info menu/show log). But I'm glad you got it going.
#5 shaun
(2015-06-25, 09:26)gwegner Wrote: Please make sure that you are using LRTimelapse 4.1, if you want to use the "Shift Timestamps" feature in LRT. There was a time out on large sequences with older versions.

Hi Gunter,

I have been having the same problem time and time again now with the timestamp changing.
I have been doing dronelapses and whenever I load in the DNGs from my phantom 4 I always get the dialog to change the taime stamp otherwise Lightroom can read it.
This is indeed true. Even after re-inializing my sequence and re-timestamping my footage, I still have problems.
They are:
After developing the look I want in Lightroom, the keyframes that LRT generated are then not seen when I go back to LRT and the Auto transition etc dosent work as it dosent see any of the adjustments I made in Lightroom. The visual previews and also the de-flicker also dosent work.

I have the settings in my drone correct qua time/date etc its is not set to a future date.
Even when I change the metadata of the shots in Lightroom to a different date, LRT has problems with interpreting the images..
I only have this problem since with shots out of my drone.
Could you give me advice on what to do? Maybe a tutrorial Wink as I have colleages who also have this same problem with Renaming timestamps and LRT.

Thanks mate!
#6 Gunther
Are the timestamps in LRTimelapse being displayed correctly?
Please send me a short sequence (10 images is enough) that shows this problems to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com
Best would be a sequence directly out of cam where you didn't play around with the timestamps yet.
#7 Gunther
Thanks for sending over the sequence.

In that screenshot the order of the files is messed up. See the date/time column - the time information is missing there and the keyframes ended up at the very bottom of the sequence. No wonder, that the transition could not be calculated.

I'd suggest to fully reinitialize the sequence: right click on the folder in the LRTimelapse folder tree on the left, then "Clear all LRTimelapse editing". Now wait until the sequence reloaded - this should get the Date/Time column right.

If you get a dialog asking "Define White Balance Handling" please set it to "Absolute". If you don't get that dialog, go to "Metadata / Define Whitebalance Handling" and set it to "Absolute". You should check this for any sequence shot with the DJI drone, since unfortunately those DNG files seem to lack that information. If you don't set it to "Absolute" the Whiltebalance transitions won't be working.

Now you can start the process again.

Once more: normally you shouldn't get the "Shift Capture Timestamps". If you get if after importing a fresh sequence, the timestamps of that sequence are in the future. Double check the time zone and time setting in the drone.

BTW: I could work with the sequence that you've sent to me without any issues.
Timestamp
cont
2018-12-12, 19:45
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: