• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 mfr_dale
Hi All, First time poster here!

I'm having some issues with LRTimelapse that I don't know if anybody else has encountered.

I've put together loads of successful timelapses with the software before, but just recently I've had a couple where the software doesn't seem to detect the exposure change. The only thing that I've found unusual is when I scroll through the preview window there's one, maybe two frames where the aspect changes and the resolution drops (of course, when I refer to the source files they're fine). I don't know if this is an indication of a corrupt file or anything, but on every occurrence of this I then struggle to get a smooth transition through exposure changes.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
In your screenshot I don't see a single exposure change, are you really sure that you used the holy grail technique when shooting this (M-Mode, Changing Exposure/ISO/Aperture while shooting). Check the columns Shutter-Speed, Aperture, ISO in the table, I cannot see any changes in those values on your screenshot.
In your case just use the visual deflicker.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mfr_dale
Apologies... I've probably not explained myself fully. On this occasion seen in the grab there are no exposure changes, what I intended to do was keyframe the brightness from start to finish. Even when I do that, LRTimelapse doesn't seem to acknowledge the change once I reload the images. The only unusual thing I've noticed is the aspect / resolution issue.

I've certainly had one or two previous occasions where that very same issue has arisen on a holy grail timelapse, and I've never been able to smooth the exposures.
#4 Gunther
Could be corrupt images. Try to render the visual previews and see if the developed previews are okay. If so, you can just ignore the corrupted canes previews. If not, you'd have to delete the corrupted images.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: