• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Color flickering

#1 Haugen
I have done a time-lapse, with the holy grail method. 4 Bumps. The bumps was easy to fix. But after rendering to JPEG I noticed a lot of color flickering in the trees. You need to toggle between the two images, and you will notice it the color flicker in the trees in the bottom left corner. The one image is green and the other one has an orange flicker. How can I fix this?

#2 Gunther
To much vibrance and saturation. Over editing could lead to effects like this.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Haugen
To much saturation in the presence or HSL?
#4 Gunther
Both. Try to avoid too heavy edits. It will most likely look strange on other monitors that cover a wider color gamut anyway.

#5 Haugen
I ran som test. It doesn't seem like it's to much saturation, but I don't doubt heavy editing might affect the final outcome. But in my case I think the lower part was to dark, and when I bumped the exposure there wasn't enough information in the image to show the correct colors. I reset everything and only bumped the exposure. Only then could I see the color flickering. The result was to an noise image. Does it make any sense?
#6 Gunther
Yeah, of course, if you have a lot of noise you might get dich effects too. Try denoising in LR and the motion blur plus filter in the LRTimelapse render dialog might help a lot too.

#7 Haugen
Thanks for the input. I also didn't shoot with lens hood. Might the sun then caused some minor differences?
#8 Gunther
Possible. More likely it could be that you didn't close the viewfinder. You should do that when the sun is behind you and you are working with an nd filter.

#9 Haugen
(2017-07-29, 21:06)gwegner Wrote: Possible. More likely it could be that you didn't close the viewfinder. You should do that when the sun is behind you and you are working with an nd filter.

This was shot from inside, with fat gecko.
#10 Haugen
You know what... I think it is because I shot with auto white balance. Might that be the reason for color flickering?

...also check out: