• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Color-grading etc.

#1 uzcpictures
Hey everyone,

Does anyone use anything else besides Literoom for editing/color-grading etc? Like After Effects? Just wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience at using another program.

Thanks!
#2 uzcpictures
Gunther - I saw your film 'Canary Skies' yesterday - loved it, great work Smile. For editing it (putting the video together) & color-grading etc - did you use only Literoom, or any other programs as well? (Final Cut Pro/After Effects etc.)
#3 Gunther
Hi, for Canary Skies I used Adobe Premiere and a bit of After Effects as well. Lightroom itself does not allow to composite different sequences to a video very well. That's what you need Premiere (or another Video Editing Tool) for. After Effects helps with the more fancy and advanced stuff... But I don't use it for Color Grading, this is all done in Lightroom/LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 markbaynes
Hi

My workflow is Lightroom 4 / LRTimelapse -> After Effects - > Premiere. I am aiming to do most of the color grading for my current time-lapse project in Premiere. Not sure how much it will need, hopefully just the blue in the sky correct.

I think - depending on the subject of course - that you could get quite a lot of color grading working done in Lightroom (even though it is SO BUGGY!) between different sequences if you used a single reference image. That's my guess anyway!

cheers

Mark
#5 Gunther
I do all my color grading in Lightroom - on RAW basis of course. And I hardly experience any bugs when working with Lightroom.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: