• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Color temperature is changed after video rendering

#1 HaseBerlin
Hello

I am using LRTimelapse 4.71. 

I did all the steps for the visual workflow. 

Then i exported the sequence through the Lightroom export dialog in the corresponding folder. After the export process has finished the video rendering window from LRt appears.

I rendered the video. As i have watched the rendered video I recognized, that the color temperature, the hue and the saturation from the video was different from the original sequence photos.

Then I was looking in the folder of the exported sequence photos which were probably used for the video rendering. The exported photos has got the color temperature which I have developed before.

So what is happened during the video render process.

Cheers Hagen
#2 Gunther
Hi Hagen, LRTimelapse cannot change the color temperature when rendering. The only thing that might change the appearance of the rendered video might be the "motion blur plus" filter, if you use it in strong settings. Can you try rerendering the intermediary sequence with Motion Blur Plus off and see, if that helps?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 HaseBerlin
Hello Gunther,

I have deactivated and it doesn't matter, if the motion blur filter  (Bewegungsunschärfe in deutsch ) is deactivated or not the result is the same.

I have posted the first photo of the exported sequence for the rendering process.

You can find the rendered video here. https://vimeo.com/181548174

This is only a test video.

Cheers Hagen
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 HaseBerlin
Here is another example how the color temperature has changed from a warm to a more colder color temperature.

I attached the first key frame of the sequence here

and downloaded the video on vimeo here

https://vimeo.com/181606964
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
The intermediary sequence seems to have a wrong color profile embedded (Lightroom's ProPhoto RGB instead of sRGB).
Normally LRTExport always exports in sRGB, I'm not sure, why it didn't that time.
Please try the following:
  • Reinstall LRTimelapse (just install the latest version again).
  • In Lightroom change to another export preset for images, make sure to have sRGB activated.
  • Change back to the LRTimelapse preset (JPG 4K or Full).
  • Export the sequence again.
  • Check the intermediary files in Photoshop if you can, they should have sRGB color space set and the video should look better.
#6 HaseBerlin
Hello Gunther,

thanks for the quick response. I am sure that i am using the ProPhoto RGB as preset for exports. And the exported sequences are looking fine. Isn't  LRTimlapse 4.xxx not supporting the ProPhoto color scheme'?

I will try it out und give you a feedback.

Cheers

Hagen, Berlin
#7 Gunther
So didn't you user the LRTExport presets? Because those do not use ProPhotoRGB.
Make sure to always use sRGB, otherwise you'll get that nasty color shift.
For video it doesn't make sense to use ProPhotoRGB, since the video color space will be smaller nevertheless.

...also check out: