• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Configurable Temp / Scratch Disk

#1 MandicReally
Requesting the ability to relocate our "Temp Folder" manually. Using the "default" folder for the OS is just not working for me. I've got an entire NVME SSD in my computer that its sole purpose is to be a Scratch Disk for programs like the entire Creative Cloud, Davinci Resolve, Blender, AutoDesk, etc. All of those programs allow manual assignment of the temp folders they use. My OS is installed on a 500GB SATA SSD that is much slower (and smaller) than the drive I have dedicated for this purpose.

I saw suggestions to change the Default Temp folder of the OS, but that just doesn't make sense to me. I don't want to clutter up my scratch disk with every random Temp file Windows generates, just projects I'm actually working on.

Thanks for the consideration. Even if somehow LRT could just reference where Lightroom is using, that would be a big help.
#2 Gunther
An option to define a custom temp folder has been implemented in LRTimelapse 6.1.
You can configure it in the Settings / Expert Settings. Make sure to restart LRT after the changed.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: