• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting Canon 1Dx via TP-Link 3040 to qDSLRDashBoard

#1 GavinWehlburg
I would be grateful for assistance.

I have flashed the TP-Link Router and it is now on Open-WRT and connecting. DHCP is fine. I can access connected via cable or wireless into the router. It attaches fine with the MACBook

The Canon or the Network button when activated reflects the screen on qdslrDashBoard and shows that it is recognizing the Canon 1Dx. However, the Connection Screen is not coming up on qDSLRashBoard

Do I have incorrect setting on the Canon that is causing this and are you able to confirm the Canon 1Dx setting that I should have under enabling Communications and the network settings. Currently I have Set=wired and Set 2 = Wireless which I am selecting.
#2 Gunther
You've already asked this via Email and Zoltan has answered you. No need to crosspost.
I'm adding Zoltans answer here:

Quote:From the screenshot you provided the 'ddserver' was not found, probably your Macbook was not connected to the MR3040 or your Macbook is also connected to your home network that uses the same address (192.168.1.1).
To connect with the MR3040 do the following:
- turn on the MR3040 (if you have the newer version then set the switch to the AP position)
- connect your DSLR with USB cable to the MR3040 full size port and turn it on
- connect your Macbook wireless to the MR3040 wireless
- start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Network' button (second button from left)
* be sure that your Macbook is not connected to another network that uses the 192.168.1.1 address

To connect with the USB follow these steps:
- connect your DSLR to your Macbook with USB cable and turn it on
- start qDslrDashboard and press the 'USB' button (first from the left)
* be sure that no other application is using or connect to the camera (like the Canon EOS utility)

The 'Canon wireless' button (fourth button from left) is used to connect with Canon cameras that have built in wireless.

To check your MR3040 flash and 'ddserver' installation follow the steps described in this forum post: https://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto...f=5&t=2101
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: