• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Connecting w/ Dashboard

#1 newlife
I have tried to connect to this program via TP link 3040 without success on my Canon 6D and 650D. It just does not recognize device. I used a usb cable and it did connect, but kept disconnecting when I tried to use program. I have a Samsung S4.

I could use DSLR Controller via usb, but would not recognize TP Link connection either. I watched both videos on TP connection process, but no luck getting it to work. Help!
#2 hubaiz
Is your S4 updated to Android 4.3 ROM ? If not then please update it.
Can you try and deinstall the OpenCV Manager and install this one: https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/...akechanges

After the installed it disable auto update for it.
#3 newlife
(2013-11-23, 09:05)hubaiz Wrote: Is your S4 updated to Android 4.3 ROM ? If not then please update it.
Can you try and deinstall the OpenCV Manager and install this one: https://code.google.com/p/dslrdashboard/...akechanges

After the installed it disable auto update for it.

I have these settings. DSLR Dash. gives me (Unable to connect (IO exception). could not find IP 192.168.1.1
#4 DaveHi50
I have these settings. DSLR Dash. gives me (Unable to connect (IO exception). could not find IP 192.168.1.1
[/quote]

I had DSLR dashboard installed and running but it was shutting off after taking a pic…
now it won't open at all-
(Unable to connect (IO exception). could not find IP 192.168.1.1
#5 DaveHi50
(2013-11-24, 03:58)DaveHi50 Wrote: I have these settings. DSLR Dash. gives me (Unable to connect (IO exception). could not find IP 192.168.1.1

I had DSLR dashboard installed and running but it was shutting off after taking a pic…
-----

I have installed the open CV manager as recommended and now no DSLR can be detected--this is with a Nexus 4.3 and canon 7d
#6 newlife
I guess we wait around until the boys are back from Brazil.

(2013-11-24, 07:02)DaveHi50 Wrote:
(2013-11-24, 03:58)DaveHi50 Wrote: I have these settings. DSLR Dash. gives me (Unable to connect (IO exception). could not find IP 192.168.1.1

-----

I have installed the open CV manager as recommended and now no DSLR can be detected--this is with a Nexus 4.3 and canon 7d
#7 DaveHi50
[quote='newlife' pid='15396' dateline='1385436217']
I guess we wait around until the boys are back from Brazil.

I hope someone can help- this is driving me nuts. I get it to work by tweaking the router settings and then it stops working. This is so frustrating...
#8 DaveHi50
In desperation I have completely bricked my TPLink. I have invested a lot of money in a nexus7 and TP Link . If I could get some kind of support from dslrdashboard it would at least give me some idea what direction to go, but there is no support.

very frustrated!
#9 saw0
(2013-11-27, 09:23)DaveHi50 Wrote: In desperation I have completely bricked my TPLink. I have invested a lot of money in a nexus7 and TP Link . If I could get some kind of support from dslrdashboard it would at least give me some idea what direction to go, but there is no support.

very frustrated!

You have obviously not the slightest understanding what you do, nor do you have any clue of the logic behind openWRT and embedded devices. Bricking the router by "tweaking" settings is near impossible.

You didn't even give error reports some openWRT-savy person could possibly use. There simply are no settings to tweak in the first place.

What kind of support did you expect for a free software with a bleeding-edge routerhack that is also based on free software?

No one cares about how much money you invested. This is not Appleworld. I invested the same and even more as I made a Videotutorial, so people like you can watch it, understand and follow along. Clearly you did not watch it.

Just to make this clear, i am in no way affiliated with dslrd or lrt, I am just a user who is upset by your attitude towards the community and free software.
#10 DaveHi50
Just to make this clear, i am in no way affiliated with dslrd or lrt, I am just a user who is upset by your attitude towards the community and free software.
[/quote]

sorry you are upset. I do appreciate your efforts and wouldn't have been able to do this without your help. You are correct- Im not open-WRT savvy. I had never even heard of WRT until 3 days ago.

Here is the latest in my adventure. I post this to help other clueless users.

I reset the TP link router the installed the OpenCV_2.4.6_Manager_2.9_armv7a-neon-2.apk as suggested. I had to use a new IP address which I found using network properties. I just tried and all is well. Im able to connect my camera and at this point it seems to work properly.

...also check out: