• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

contrast flicker, even without touching any sliders (almost)

#1 Tokyoshot
Hi,

I mostly shoot night cityscapes with lots of contrast in the scene. 90% of a time I can eventually edit to taste and get clean, flicker free results.
I have followed Gunter's expert tips with good success.

Sometimes I do deal with sequences where all that doesn't really help. Today I (hardly) edited one, only raising the exposure by 1 stop, enabling profile corrections and chromatic abb. removal, as well as setting the WB. Tons of contrast flicker, though.
In this sequence there are cars suddenly entering the scene and probably causing this mess.
Does anybody have any idea to prevent this severe flickering?

thanks in advance,
Krzysztof
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
As I examined on the Expert Tips tutorial #5 the color profile might só be of relevance. Avoid the Adobe Color profile
Try the ones specifically for your camera.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Tokyoshot
Thanks, I’ve tried several camera profiles, ending up using one of the flatest, camera faithful but still triggering lots of flicker.
#4 Gunther
I mean if car headlamps are coming in an out they often also illuminate dust particles in the air which also causes nasty effects. It Such scenes usually don't look very nice.
Using a different location/perspective might help, also using as long exposure times (ND filter) as possible might help.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: