• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pandemic project LRT Pro Timer Free MEGA 3

#1 Sheeba
Hi Gunther, guys

I used the pandemic time to develop the next generation of the pro timer free.
The Pro Timer free MEGA 3.
The first change is the design. I have rotated the PTFM by 90 °. This allowed me to place the display at the top of the case, which gave me more space for the keyboard. The buttons are larger and placed further apart, which results in better usability and is very easy with one hand.
The hardware was expanded to include a real time clock (RTC). The connection for the Camera 1 is now a 2.5mm socket. The connection for the second camera is still a 3.5mm socket. This means that all available cables can be used to control the camera. The connection for the motion controller got another additional socket.
With the RTC, TL functions with time control have now been added, which I have taken over from my version Long Term TL. Like TL repeating, for timing a TL with adjustable TL start and TL end time and TL light control. You can use the connected "switch boxes" to illuminate e.g. Schedule a plant growth TL.
Another function in connection with the TLSMC has also been added. "Focus Stacking TL" the slider is controlled so that one stacking sequence is recorded per interval. That was a request from a Swiss documentary filmmaker who uses my equipment.

In the appendix you will find a description with more information. If you are interested or have questions, simply send me a PM or E-Mail.

Best regards,
Hans
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   LRT_Pro_Timer_free_MEGA 3_Description.pdf (Size: 828.41 KB / Downloads: 183)
#2 pstephan
This looks amazing! How do I access the plans and firmware?
#3 r6l7
Hans, looks fantastic.
I do a lot of construction/demolition time lapse and have a number of time lapse cameras on the job site.
The problem I have is that turning the time lapse program on and off during breaks in activity on site can take 30 minutes to get to all the cameras and then another 30 minutes to turn them all back on again for when the workers come back from lunch.
I would love to have the cameras set up with a time lapse remote control to cover 500-1000m+.
I'm wondering if something like this, https://www.amazon.com.au/WayinTop-NRF24...296&sr=8-1, could be incorporated?
One MEGA3 as transmitter, in hand, and a receiver on each camera to be independently controlled from the MEGA3 transmitter by changing it's mode to match each receiver?
Thanks, Rod.
#4 Sheeba
Hi pstephan,

here you will find more information

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-use...7#pid45697

Hans
#5 Sheeba
Hi Rod,

your project sounds very interesting. Unfortunately not as easy as you have shown it to be.
The module you suggested must be controlled by an Arduino. So you would need a transmitter module with an Arduino that is then triggered by the MEGA3. On the receiver side, you also need a receiver module with an Arduino, which then triggers the camera.
I'm going to give some thought to whether there is an easier solution.
Regards,
Hans
#6 pstephan
Thank you sir, for making this available!
#7 pstephan
Do you have the PCB and parts kit available for US delivery?
#8 Sheeba
.. delivery from my side is not a problem. But Corona is currently making a mess of it !!
Neither DHL nor UPS nor any other delivery service currently deliver parcels to the USA

DHL Current notice
The dispatch of parcel shipments to the USA will no longer be offered until further notice. For private customers, parcel delivery is only available in connection with the "Premium" service. Please inform yourself about possible effects on the international shipping of documents and goods on our info page.

A package with premium service to the USA would cost around € 50

Sorry,
Hans
#9 pstephan
Keep me in mind when that changes, I'm definitely interested.
#10 r6l7
Hans,

Thanks for considering this.

...also check out: