• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Correct for mid-shoot changes in zoom and orientation

#1 Drew
On a recent time lapse, I attempted to take a filter off the camera. I couldn't get it off and accidentally changed the zoom and orientation of the camera. I can use the entire sequence but need to use a crop and rotate for the initial shots and then a different zoom and rotate for the rest. I used the keyframe wizard to set up the initial keyframes and then added a pair (*4) at the change. Going through the LRTimelapse workflow, the output is not handling crop correctly. I was reading in the forums and there was a discussion on using *5 for changes in crops but couldn't find further info.

Also, can I break the sequence into two, run them separately through LRTimelapse and then have the program make a merged video?
#2 Gunther
To keyframe the crop, you will have to use 5* keyframes, see faq: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Drew
(2017-03-29, 19:15)gwegner Wrote: To keyframe the crop, you will have to use 5* keyframes, see faq: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-kern-burns-effect

I saw that thread about the Ken Burns Effect but am not sure how to combine *4 and *5 in the same sequence. If *5 only affects the crop, how do I change the exposure, clarity, etc. at that frame? How do I change the crop and exposure at that keyframe?
#4 Gunther
That's the reason, why the crop is on separate 5* keyframes.
Set the 4* keyframes where you want them - 1 at the beginning, one at the end and some in the middle if needed.
Set 5* keyframes, only if you want to change the crop in the middle somewhere. The 4* keyframes on the very first and very last image will automatically act as 5* too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Drew
Thank you for the clarification on the *4 at the ends.

...also check out: